ArcExplorer is a custom mapping tool that can be used in a web browser. ArcExplorer allows you to perform a range of basic GIS functions such as display, query and retrieve data.
- Display and query a variety of standard data sources including ESRI shapefiles, ArcInfo coverages Images, ArcIMS services
- Pan and zoom through multiple layers and identify, locate, and query geographic and attribute data.
- Symbolize data based on attributes contained in the data layers to create thematic maps.
- Perform basic spatial analysis tasks on the geographic data
- Freely distributable data