Artifex Press is a publishing and technology company that digitally publishes catalogues raisonnés, a comprehensive, annotated documentation of all of the known artworks by an artists. They have developed a proprietary, patented software platform and a dedicated publishing program in order to create digital catalogues raisonnés. They offer both their own digital catalogues raisonnés and the ability to licence the software to produce your own projects.
Catalogues raisonnés have typically been published book but the information they contain is constantly in flux and printed versions are rarely complete and accurate for long. The online version produced by Artifex Press is more accessible, more flexible, more time- and cost-efficient, and above all, more accurate and up-to-date than the traditional printed counterpart.In addition to the digital publication, Artifex Press creates digital archives for all the artists with whom they work.
The Artifex Press software is available for licensing, for catalogue raisonné projects run by outside organizations including artist studios, foundations, and estates. The company is open to new collaborations looking to preserve the legacy and intellectual property of artists and estates.
Research & Archive Tool
- Digital content management:
- create links between artworks, publications, exhibitions, collectors, venues, institutions, and other relevant categories
- build artwork records with data files such as title, date, medium, dimensions, inscriptions, editions, provenance, condition, installation instructions, and comments
- store multiple images and private documents in each record
- Web-accessible: software is available anywhere with an internet connection
- Unlimited storage: there are no storage limits and performance of your catalogue is not affected by large data sets
- Attention to your needs: Software has been shaped by the feedback of multiple catalogue editors, researchers, and artist studio managers to determine the most useful, practical, and intuitive tools and features
- Compatibility: You can import existing databases and convert them to fit Artifex fields without losing information
- Publish to a selected audience only: control your user group or make your content available to the public
- Publish while withholding confidential information: define public and archive only sections of your collection
- Flexible design: customize the look and feel of your catalogue including the homepage, artwork views and editorial pages
- Ease of navigation: design features have been rigorously tested to ensure ease of use
- Multimedia content: include any number of images, videos, audio clips, and other multimedia content
- Real-time accuracy & cataloguing: by updating provenance as well as exhibition and literature histories, you can maintain the accuracy of the content; you can also expand the catalogue to include newly discovered information and newly created artworks.
- Assistance: Artifex Press are available to make the editing and publishing process as easy as possible.
For more information or to set up a live tour of the software and learn about their research & editorial servces contact: email@example.com