A server-side software application that enables databases conformant to a relational data model to be created, managed and queried. Information, most commonly text may be stored as one or more records contained within a table. The table may exist in isolation or have some relationship to other tables. Information may be manipulated using a set of T-SQL or ANSI SQL commands. Several editions of SQL Server 2014 are available, including SQL Server Business Intelligence, Developer, Enterprise, Express, Standard and Web.
- Service Broker
- Replication Services using transaction, merge, or snapshot replication
- Analysis functionality to perform data mining, OLAP and other services
- Report generation services
- Enterprise scalability across compute, networking, and storage
- Consistent data platform on-premises to cloud
- Easy integration with Microsoft Azure