xMod is a desktop application which can transform a repository of XML into a completely finished website.
The entire process can be setup and run to produce a basic website assuming some prerequisites:
- A set of valid XML files. These would normally comply with a TEI DTD.
- a configuration script that indicates the relationship between files
- A 'personality pack' (CSS and image files) that determine its visual appearance. However if they are not present, the completed website falls back on a default look and feel.
Some features include:
- Batch file processing
- Modular XSLT structure, with special libraries for different transformation scenarios
- Ability to group files for generation of indices at document and intra-document level